Remote Pilot's Licence (RePL) + Express ReOC
This course has specifically been designed for individuals unable to attend 5 days in-class or for those that would simply like to complete their studies in their own time. Upon completion of this program students will be licenced and fully prepared to conduct commercial operations with remotely piloted systems that have a ‘take-off weight’ of less than 7kg. Students enrolled in this course will also receive their ReOC which will allow them to start their own RPAS Business.
Please note: If you are looking to start your own drone business, you will require a Remote Operator’s Certificate (ReOC). Your ReOC is included within this course
This Remote Pilot’s licence program is broken down into three parts:
- Theory (Self-directed study)
- Practical training (5 hours of mentored practical flying – Drones Provided by Ace)
- Field tests & Theoretical exams (Held at the training fields or in class respectively)
Upon enrolment, students will receive access to the Ace Aviation student portal where they will be able to work through several theoretical modules and assessments items at their own pace. These online modules are compulsory and will provide students with a complete understanding of RPAS operations, procedures, terminology and applications.
Upon completion of all modules and assessment items, students must attend 2 days of face-to-face practical assessment. During these two days, students will be mentored by Ace Aviation’s industry leading trainers on how to effectively/safely control and manoeuvre their UAV. During this time, students will be able to work with trainers through any difficulties they may be having in controlling/manoeuvring their drone. The practical assessment component of this course is not considered difficult as it is required by law to ensure that future pilots can operate their drone safely. With our trainers by your side throughout the entire course, you will be well prepared in all aspects of commercial drone operations.
Upon Completion of your RePL Training. We will completely handle the ReOC process for you, all you need to do is provide us with identification information and we will work with CASA on your behalf to develop and approve all necessary documentation. Simply sit back and relax while we get you your ReOC in just a few weeks!
Course Modules & Topics
- Aviation knowledge and navigation
- Flight rules and air law
- RPA systems and components
- Principles of flight and aerodynamics
- Human Factors
- Operations and Procedures
- Aeronautical Radio Operator Certification (AROC)
Upon completion of this course, you will be fully prepared to safely operate drones commercially and set up your own Commercial RPAS Business.
You will receive:
- Remote Pilot’s Licence (RePL Online – Sub 7kg)
- Aeronautical Radio Operator’s Certificate (AROC)
- Australian English Language Proficiency (AELP)
- Remote Operator’s Certificate (ReOC)
Choosing Ace also comes with some unique perks!
- Access to StudyLoans
- Up to 33% off the latest drones and accessories at our partnered company AA Drones
- 1-year free Oz Runways Subscription
- 1-year free Australian Association for Unmanned Systems – Professional Membership
- 3 Months Free DroneWork Membership
- Access to Ace Aviation’s Express ReOC
- Free Refresher Course
- Access to drone rentals with Ace Aviation
- 30 minute manned flight experience (Brisbane campus only)
Why get a Remote Pilot’s Licence (RePL)?
The Remote Pilot’s Licence opens up a world of opportunities and fully prepares you to become a compliant and effective drone operator. This lifetime qualification has been approved by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and makes you eligible to be employed as a drone pilot.
Please Note: This licence on its own does not entitle you to start your own drone business. It only allows you to become an operator under another company’s existing Remote Operator’s Certificate (ReOC). If you wish to start your own drone business please click here to view our courses that includes a ReOC.
With an RePL, you can:
- Be employed by existing companies to fly their RPA
- Operate drones with a take off weight greater than 2kg commercially
- Request approvals for non-standard operations from CASA
- Operate in areas that non-licenced pilots cannot
- Be insured
- Much more…
Why get a Remote Operator’s Certificate?
While a RePL allows you to operate a drone or RPAS, a Remote Operator’s Certificate allows you to own and manage your own commercial drone business. This is an essential certification that you require by law in order to either integrate drone operations into your existing business or start your own drone business.
Ace Aviation will take care of all the forms and manuals required by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority on your behalf.
With a ReOC you can:
- Needed to fly under regardless if you fly under another businesses
- Your business can employ other remote pilots
- Needed if you want to fly any drone >2kg
- Restricted areas can be made available allowing you to fly in more locations
- Permission to operate closer than 30 metres, but no less than 15 metres, from a person
- Permission to fly at night (with night approval)
- Ability to get approval to the regulations e.g. beyond-visual-line-of-sight where With CASA Approval
- Ability to apply for a range of different additional approvals (e.g. applying agricultural chemicals, Heavy Lift)
Why Choose Ace?
Ace Aviation is the official school of Aviation for the top registered training organisation in Australia, giving our students access to tertiary level resources, facilities and certifications.
With access to industry leading campuses and the latest technologies, Ace Aviation is currently operating across Australia, Singapore and South Korea. We are the largest drone training Academy in the Nation.
Ace Aviation has also trained a myriad of governmental bodies, universities and emergency services in the application and usage of drone technology. Our trainers have been voted as the industry’s best in 2018 and have come from aviation backgrounds that include commercial pilots and aerospace engineers. Our trainers have been operating drones for years and have successfully trained over 2500 students who now operate as photographers, surveyors, risk assessors, agriculture professionals, scientific researchers, university lectures and more!
Most importantly, our courses are not just limited to covering the required syllabus set by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA)
By enrolling with the industry’s leading drone academy, you will be given access to unique resources and professional networks that will give you a leg up on your competitors and secure your place in the multibillion-dollar drone industry.
Still not convinced? Give us a call and watch your doubts fly away!
Online + 2
Why are our prices lower that the others?
We deal with a large volume of students and all our training for AROC & AELP is done in house and nothing is outsourced.
Through this business model, we are able to pass the benefits to our students.